Sunday, October 23, 2016

Halloween is here and Atticus is waiting…are you ready?




Synopsis:


He knew me from the moment I stepped through the broken window.

Studying me.

Watching me.

Changing me.

I was unaware of him at first; my life was too out of control to notice. The constant moving and lack of money after Mom divorced Dad was turning her into a different person. All she did was drink and she was now this angry person I didn't want to know.

But once I stepped through the window inside that house, I could feel the peace surrounding me. Hugging my body as if it had arms. Protecting me. Loving me. It was like the house knew what I craved and it felt too good to question any of it. So I went back, day after day. I hungrily guzzled up the euphoria like a raging alcoholic, reaching for another drink.

Just like my mother.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment